We specialise in
*International A la Carte menu
with a distinct German flavour
*9 hole Mashie golf course.
We are situated in the village of Wartburg, 30 km from Pietermaritzburg in the Kwa-Zulu Natal Midlands. The hotel is the main feature in the picturesque village of Wartburg, surrounded by rolling hills of sugar cane, maize and timber. Seventy percent of the community still speak German, a piece of Germany in South Africa.
Wartburg was established by German missionaries in 1881. The Wartburger Hof was built in 1984, and bought by Siggie, and Ingrid Schadle in 1991. Siggie and Ingrid experienced 30 years in the hotel and restaurant industry since their immigration to South Afica. Their son Chris, has absolved a German Hotel Diploma and is managing the family business now.
- 20 rooms, in a rustic and cosy style. As of January 2004 we will be expanding up to 25 rooms
- towering lounge area is suitable for functions and wedding receptions up to 200 people
- one fully equipped conference room.
- boardroom with private bar facilities for small think tanks
- all rooms have Satellite-TV,video,telephone and hairdryer
- radio, wake-up call
- rooms have either a balcony, terrace or a small living room
- accomodation for families in executive cottages
(with several bedrooms, private bathrooms and living room
- two outstanding restaurants,
one dining room (A la carte) and the "Weinstube"
- a cosy tavern in the cellar
- an elegant ladies bar
- the international a la carte menu has a destinctive German flavour
- exclusive selectionf beers and wines (self brewed beer and imported beers from Germany, Austria and Belgium)
Relaxing and Sports:
- 9 hole mashie course
- health flyer
- beach volleyball and croquet facilities
- pool and steam bath
- health clinic